Tuesday, July 03, 2007

YOU WON'T SEE THIS OFTEN!

As you probably know by now I HATE having my photo taken; it probably stems back to my childhood...when I asked my mum why wasn't I pretty she said "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".....so what you are about to see is very rare! This photo was taken by one of the teacher's when I went on the school trip......when Manda saw it she asked the teacher to scan it and give her a copy....she made one for me too...so for one post only!!!!!

13 visitors have commented:

talj said...

Ruth you look so different!! What a lovely photo of the 2 of you! {{HUGS}} xx

Leanne said...

mum, you look amazing in that photo! you shouldnt keep yourself under wraps anymore, your new hairstyle looks great on you!! xx

Auntie Noo said...

*waves* Hi Ruth, it's so lovely to see you.

CG said...

Ruth, you look LOVELY!!!

Claire said...

Your a brunette now? you look gorgeous, not a whiff of a minger :)

Anonymous said...

You look good to me!

Akelamalu said...

Two pretty ladies, but I'm guessing you're the one on the right? Great photograph, you should have more taken. I do know what you mean though, photographs of me that I actually like are very few and far between!

Audrey said...

Change the title of the post Ruth to you wont see this often enough, your new colour really suits you and you look so attractive, lovely photo

Suzi-k said...

well I'm sorry but your mother was
A) WRONG and b) mean to say that, you look lovely, and a person does not have to look like a supermodel to have inner beauty glowing all over them! Parents do so much damage to their kids self esteem, probably quite unwittingly. I was always being told that if only I was thinner, I would be pretty. In my child mind that added up to "I'm not thin so I must be ugly". Don't you believe a word of it Ruth, you are lovely!

Jenny said...

Your mother said that???? My heart weeps for the child you were when you heard it, and for how it must have affected you forever after! You are beautiful inside and out!

Mauigirl said...

You look great! Thanks for posting it!

Betty said...

Ruth,
Your are very attractive! It's great to have a face to go along with the friendship.......Betty

Andree said...

I love your hair, you are beautiful! Our parents still have so much power over us, don't they? It amazes me, at my age. I keep thinking of what my father said to me when I was young. Shame on him!

I'm so glad you posted this. I finally got up the nerve to do the same today, also.