Monday, March 05, 2007

“Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by the doubling of our joy and the dividing of our grief.” *

Yesterday was a very special day...a day full of presents, cards, emails, e-cards (many thanks Icarus & Mrs. Nesbitt), blog comments, blogfriend posts and love. In fact the whole weekend was special.....Mick was wide eyed for so much of the two days of his birthday weekend and every meal he has eaten with no hesitation. Each card and comment was read out to him at some point during the day. It was so wonderful of all my new found blog friends to send him their good wishes; some who had our address had sent cards; we had some very special emails that included pictures and poems and such love that I was overwhelmed and (yes I'll admit it) made me very emotional; and all the wonderful wishes in the comment box of both this blog and Me, My Life, My Garden were wonderful to read. My dear Sx who shares in and understands so much of my life sent a very special poem that he had written when in a similar circumstance to mine. He also sent it to Analia who for different reasons has much sadness in her life. She has posted it on her blog so I won't repeat it here but I urge you to visit her and read it for yourselves. Claire dedicated a post to Mick and CG & Talj both posted Birthday wishes on theirs. Apologies if I have missed anyone out; I've still not had time to visit all my blog friends. Talj in her card sent a photograph that is very special to her and is a memory of Rose...it is a beautiful pink carnation symbolising "I'll never forget you". I have made a collage which includes this photograph along with the gifts and cards that Mick received; the last photo being of a very satisfied Mick.

Leanne & co will be leaving today and then it's haircut and kitchen shower. Can't believe how quickly the time has passed since Mick's last haircut! On Tuesday Mick's brother,Ron, and our sister-in-law, Brenda, are visiting so the next couple of days will be busy too! I promise I will try my hardest to blogaround to see you all as quickly as possible.......'cos I love you all!....but it is gone midnight now (Monday morning) and I feel happily tired...so now I am going to bed with a joyous heart and sweet dreams ahead.



*Marcus Tullius Cicero

13 visitors have commented:

CG said...

I'm so glad to read that you and Mick had a happy weekend. Ruth, I can think of few people more deserving of love and affection than you and Mick.I am so glad I have "met" you both via our blogs.
Take care,
xxxxxx

talj said...

My Dear Ruth, so wonderful to see you all had such a lovely weekend!!And Mick sure looks like one happy birthday boy!! I hope you have a great time with Ron and his wife too!! {{{BIG HUGS}}} xxx

Suzi-k said...

oh rats, i can't go online over the weekend, and missed all the festivities! SSSSOooo glad it was a happy and successful birthday, lots of love to both of you and cyber hugs (which aren't as warm and cuddly as real ones, but just as sincere!)You are an inspiration and deserve every second of the joy this special (and miraculous) occasion brought you...

Anonymous said...

Its great to know that u had such a fantastic weekend with Mick and u know what...this is the exact way to enjoy...live life as if there is no tomorrow...best wishes :)

Analía said...

I'm very happy for all you lived in the last wonderful weekend. I'm also happy for all the people who showed their love to you both in so many different ways. It's so good to come and see everything is alright.
Lots of love, ani

Claire said...

I am so glad you and Mick had a good time, you certainly attract a whole lot of love. very well deserved it is too.

Christina S said...

Hugs and love to you and Mick, for the special day xxx

Icarus said...

I've been waiting since last night to read those words from you. And the icing on the cake was in your last sentence, because that's what I wished for you most of all - a joyous heart after the weekend.
And nice one, Cicero, still going strong after 2000 years. That's not bad at all. The eternal nature of the human condition and the intransient nature of what is good and right in us and for us. I even wonder if we can have happiness without friendship. Personally, I don't see how. It's like a constant shower of gold reaching straight into the heart. That is wealth. So you two are both as rich as you deserve to be. And I am happy now SXXXXXXX

Audrey said...

Just back from work and so good to read about your special weekend so full of special people...and happily tired..good feeling :), and sharing your joy has filled many hearts with joy too.x

Thanks Ruth.

You all deserved a wonderful weekend

Jenny said...

I just came back from a weekend away - so sorry to miss Mick's birthday! Happy happy birthday to you both, a few days late! And thank you for the video!

Icarus said...

PS - I can't get back from work...it's always sitting right here, right in front of me LOL!
A positive time AND then there's Spurs on purple - navy & white patch, heading here, up north to Braga. To quote Ani, what have done to deserve all this? Yes, would gladly macro-shoot your garden!

Women on the Verge said...

I'm so glad your weekend was wonderful! You both deserve it so much...

E

Anonymous said...

Oh! the pix are so cute. I am glad there are beautiful people whom we call friends that make life so much fun. ...Take care and do drop by my blog for some real great time.