Saturday, March 10, 2007

SAT(in the garden)URDAY

First of all I must ask you to look over to the top of my side bar. You see that photo of a beautiful young woman; it's a photo of Rose in whose memory Andrew and Talj are trying to raise £5000 for the Clatteridge Cancer Campaign. Talj (with some help from Dave) has been working really hard setting up a website for you all to visit....not only will you be able to sign the guest book and/or make a donation but you will also be able to keep up with all the latest news as the fund raising continues and see some fabulous photos; including some of Rose's jewellery designs. You can even contact the intrepid Team Smarties from there if you have any fund raising ideas......so just click on the photo and make an this old girl happy (I say old because my dear blogfriend Gledwood has said in his latest post that I am a pensioner!!!!....lol...........he's a sweet little boy really).



With all the excitement yesterday I'd forgotten to tell you we now have the new pads for Mick's pressure area on his chest.

They are much larger (10cm x 20cm) than the old ones and so lovely and spongey, also they don't STICK to his skin as much they just sort of "adhere" which will make it so much less painful for Mick when I have to take them off to put on a fresh one. The others took off some of his skin with them! Once again (as with so many other things) I beg to ask the question "Why didn't we get these 6 months ago?".

This morning's sunrise

We once again spent a beautiful morning in the garden...the weather wasn't quite as warm as on Thursday but we certainly had no complaints as it was still above our seasonal average of 8C.


Our battery radio hadn't seen the light of day since last Summer but today we were able to listen to the Radio Essex Gardening programme whilst sitting outside.

Mick once again had a peaceful afternoon's sleep; I think the fresh air is doing him good as tonight he ate his dinner and dessert in an hour!!!!.........last week it was taking 2 hours.

A beautiful sunset at the end of a beautiful day.

7 visitors have commented:

talj said...

So great to see you had a good day in the garden and that Mick is enjoying his dinners!! :o) I am begining to think I should get you to do meals on wheels for me ;o)

Thank you for the lovely button directing people to our website, very nicely done Ruth :o)

And your sunset looked fabulous! Much nicer than mine here in Leeds!!

{{{BIG HUGS}}} to you and Mick and I hope that Sunday is just as lovely as today for you both :o)

talj said...

Whoops! Forgot to add....those new pads for Mick look great! Certainly look like they will be more comfortable. Like anything connected with the NHS you tend not to be given the 'good' information until they are really pushed! Don't get me started on them...... lol

{{{HUGS}}} XX

AnalĂ­a said...

Who's that handsome man next to the gate? Ahh let the sunshine on him, sooooo good. I'm glad you are having such a good time outdoors.
It seems those pads will work well on Mick. It's been raining a lot here, but now the sky is full of stars. I think tonight I'll see many LOL...well if you've read my blog you know what's the LOL about.
Kisses and hugs
Love, Ani

Deb said...

Thank goodness for those pads...I sure hope they help.

And that's a wonderful picture of Mick in the garden...I love the "Dad" bench.

I absolutely love that gorgeous sunset picture...I could see that in a frame.

Audrey said...

Those pads look great Ruth, hopefully they will make a big difference, Its good to read your enjoying the garden and the sunshine outdoors...

Hopefully the sun will be shining today as well so you can both enjoy some more

Have a lovely Sunday together x x Auds

Women on the Verge said...

GORGEOUS sunset!

I hope you both enjoy all the sunshine while you're gardening( I'll try not to be jealous..)

Those pads look like they're the answer to a prayer...


E

Anonymous said...

12 JUne 2007


A silver sky

ripe for the mirror.

you can not see yourself in this mirror

you can only see others

moreover, you can only see what others choose to expose.

Their houses, their boats, their sea-doos.




Birds skimming low over the water could

like as not

see them selves if they were to look down

as they skim low over the water

but they never do.

Rather they allow their reflections to chase them

quick and sharp over the still, glistening waters

while the bird's mind remains ever fixed on

food, or other birds, or escaping those damn noisy humans.










A dense forest impenetrable as a gaze.