Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SUNRISE TO SUNSET


Yesterday was yet another lovely sunny day; a little cloud VERY early but the sun soon rose and the blue skies appeared. I could get used to this!........Mick and I just had to sit out in the garden didn't we? I'd vowed that I was going to get his nails cut first though; it took a while as it's so hard to unclench his finger so that I can get to them. Mission accomplished and having slapped plenty of this on Mick's face out we went. The forecast said it would be cooler than yesterday but I soon regretted putting Mick's fleece on him as the temperature started to soar.


I sat Mick near the pond as the frogs were really croaking away. It was so pleasant that Mick had to have this;we sat in the garden until after lunch. The fresh air seems to be suiting Mick as he has a few hours sleep when we get back inside and then about 4pm seems happy to have something to drink. At the moment I've changed dinner time for him to 6pm as after having a good drink he's not ready to eat at 5pm. It's working well as he is managing all his food but I have the added bonus of knowing that he is finally accepting some liquid.

On a sadder note; many of you will know that Dirty Butter (who has been trying so hard to find the painting of Mick) is caring for her Father. It is very difficult for her as she has Parkinson's herself. Reading her latest post (Monday 12th) it would seem that her Father is fading quite quickly. He had his 102nd birthday on Sunday 11th....(no that's not a typing error). Until I hear from her again I'm not sure what the situation is at the moment, but I hope you will all spare a thought for her at this difficult time.

It's only fitting that I end this post with a beautiful sunset.


8 visitors have commented:

talj said...

So glad to read you and Mick had a lovely day!!

My thoughts are with Dirtybutter and her family.

{{{HUGS}}} to all xx

Claire said...

Oh i am sorry to hear about dirty butter, she has been so lovely to you.

AnalĂ­a said...

It seems that the sun, all the fresh air and the colors of your garden are cheering both of you up. And Mick is eating all? what a great news!!
Is that ice cream? can I have some?
Well, of course my thoughts will be with Dirtybutter.
Keep enjoying the nice weather my friend. Love, Ani

Audrey said...

So good to see your both enjoying the sunshine, May it keep shining on you today

My thoughts will be with Dirtybutter in this difficult time for her and her family

(((HUGS)))) Auds x x

Icarus said...

It's so great that the weather is allowing you both tha simple joy of being able to be outside, sit there and just breathe in the warmed air. I can't forget that transformation it brings to people in Britain those first days after a long, grey winter. People start literally looking up & out, instead of down & in, they smile more. More light & colour makes people feel lighter in themselves, and often towards others too. Like, you made it through the rain once more.
If what must be must be, then I wish painless peace on Dirty Butter and her father. At his age, he has earned that.
XXX

Mauigirl said...

Glad you both had a nice day outdoors!

I love spring, it's such a time of rebirth.

Best wishes to your friend Dirty Butter...

CG said...

I am glad to hear you and Mick enjoyed the lovely weather yesterday! My thoughts are with your friend and her dad xx

Adelaide said...

DEAR RUTH

HOW LOVELY TO UNDERTAND THE LOVE BETWEEN YOU AND MICK. YOU ARE A GREAT AND KIND WOMAN AND MICK MUST BE VERY HAPPY TO HAVE YOU CLOSE TO HIM, TAKING CARE OF HIM WITH SUCH A
A LOVE

HUGS TO YOU BOTH

MAQIRA /pORTUGAL