Monday, April 16, 2007

MONDAY MORNING BLUES

A bit "jittery" this morning and I didn't sleep too well. This morning the lady who is taking Mick's funeral service is coming to the house to learn a little about Mick. I keep jotting things down on scraps of paper; how do you put the Essence of Mick in just a few words??? I could write a book about him..even a blog...LOL.
I think the most important thing I want to convey is what a happy, cheerful man Mick has always been. There was always a song and a smile on his lips. He was always so generous too...Jenner by name "Generous" by nature. If he only had £4 in his pocket and someone needed a fiver...he would give them his £4 and borrow a £1 to help them out.
Tomorrow will be difficult; they are coming to take the equipment and bed away....it will be good to see it all go, the bed in the living room is a constant reminder of Mick being so ill. Mick's brother is coming to visit too, it will be the first time I've seen him since Mick passed away and I'm sure it will be emotional. Tomorrow is also my birthday and I shall go with Ron to see Mick. I'll have a few minutes with Mick on my own and give him a "my" birthday hug and kiss.
It's a beautiful sunny morning though....so I'LL just run the hoover round quickly then have a sit in the garden.....that'll cheer me up..........sitting in the garden I mean; not the hoovering!!!!!

10 visitors have commented:

CG said...

It's a bit grey and gloomy here, Ruth, and I'm hoping you're enjoying the sunshine.

Mick sounds so kind - cheerful and generous; you can't get much better than that, can you?
xxx

Shaz said...

I'm sure you'll capture the essence of Mick once this ladies starts asking you questions . . you do it so well here. Have a nice day in the sun x x

talj said...

I am sure the lady will pick so much up just from the way you talk about Mick. I hope that today goes as well as these things can and that you find time to sit out and enjoy your lovely garden.

Thinking of you always, loads of love and {{{HUGS}}} xxx

Rosemary said...

If you are at a loss for words with this woman, just let her read your blog! LOL

You really have made Mick real to all of us who only know him through your blog, Ruth. You'll be able to tell her just what she needs to make the service true to who he was, and is!

{{HUGS}}

Sheila said...

Your comments here about Mick, are illustrated by the photo you showed us, (the one of him wearing the suit...)
I can see it shining out of him.
Goodness, kindness, fun...
You can tell her that people that never met him..loved him..x
hugs
xx

mrsnesbitt said...

I agree with dirty butter, let her read your blog!
Will be thinking about you hope it goes Ok with Mick's brother!

Dxx

Akelamalu said...

Can I give you a ((hug)).

Libbys Blog said...

Ditto Sheilas comment! But do try and think of a funny moment that your family remember or something quirky that Mick always did which made people smile, I think it always adds something to a service if someone can make you remember a funny moment and it makes everyone smile!

RUTH said...

Thanks everyone. I don't think it's possible to talk about Mick without finding something to make you smile...he was such a cheerful funny guy.
Rx

Peaceful/Paisible said...

It was a gorgeous afternoon, and I was sitting in my small yard...could feel you by my side...
love from Mousie