Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WORDS FOR RUTH

It's going to be a busy day and so I may not have time to do a proper post..so in true TV chef manner here is one I prepared earlier. It's taken from a Birthday card sent to me by Sheila and I'd like to share it with you. It is also the birthday today of Libby's Mum....so a good day to print a birthday card verse.

We are all born to a world of change
Though we may never know why.
We grow and learn, despair, rejoice,
Wonder and laugh and cry....
And the days fly by.

And some look back with little more
Than regret and a wistful sigh
Or worry their way toward the future
Or do their best to deny
That the days fly by.

Each moment in time is a gift that comes
And goes in the blink of an eye.
We question, as always, the meaning of
life,
And "to live" is the only reply.

So I celebrate you in the
here and now-
May you live as well as life will allow,
And may your spirits be ever high
So they, too, fly.......
As the days fly by.


MICK AND I...OUR FIRST PHOTO AS A COUPLE...JULY 1989

14 visitors have commented:

talj said...

What a lovely photo Ruth and beautiful words!! I hope that the day isn't too tiring for you and that everyone arrives safely!

Thinking of you all and sending you lots of love and {{{BIG HUGGLES}}} xxx :o)

CG said...

The poem and the photo are beautiful. I'll certainly keep these words in mind..
"Or worry their way toward the future" as that's me!!
HUGS
xx

Audrey said...

What a beautful post Ruth,it says it all

Hope you find a little space and time in your busy day, for even just a little special ME time.

Thinking of you and sending lots of love and Hugsxxxxx

Women on the Verge said...

What a wonderful picture!

I'm thinking of you and sending my love...

E

Sheila said...

I'm so glad you liked the words Ruth. I felt they were so fitting for your birthday at this time.
I love the photo of you and Mick..xx
and remember dear lady..
....."I celebrate you in the
here and now-
May you live as well as life will allow,
And may your spirits be ever high
So they, too, fly.......
As the days fly by"
Hugs and love..
I will have you close to my heart tomorrow.
Love Sheila
xx

Peaceful/Paisible said...

that photo is ever so beautiful...and the poem as well...Ruth , You all be in my thoughts tomorrow...I love you all and wish I had more words to say...je vous embrasse très fort et je pense à vous...
Mousie

Claire said...

I am thinking of you! Tried to post myself but couldn't fit in the post box, so my thoughts are with you instead.

I love that photo.

A wildlife gardener said...

Love the photo of you and Mick and the words of the poem too. Bless you, Dear Ruth.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and I will be thinking of you all day tomorrow.

The poem is wonderful - and how beautiful you both look in the photo. Happy and tanned - and what a wonderful photo to have.

God bless

Claire said...

I have used that photo for my wordless wednesday this week, i hope you don't mind?
Just want you to know that i will be thinking of you all day.

Mauigirl said...

Wonderful picture and poem. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Libbys Blog said...

That is certainly a beautiful poem, says it all really! Thank you for mentioning mums birthday, I am sorry I wasn't here to read it yesterday, you would not believe the day I had, later in the week I will phone you and tell you and you will laugh so much cos its so unbelieveable what happened!!

Gledwood said...

beautiful words ...

Jenny said...

I love this photo - you both look beautiful! You can really feel the love between you in it!