Wednesday, October 25, 2006

WARNING!!!!

Before I start writing this blog in earnest I must warn you that this is my "no holds barred" blog. It is not for the faint hearted or the squeamish. Although I hope it will contain some "smiley" entries I know that many of my posts will be of sad events over the last 18 months and of sad events in the days to come. There WILL be mention of bowel movements and vomit. There WILL be tears. So should I make this blog a private one and allow NO visitors?
Maybe I should.............................
But then again.................................
maybe reading this will make someone happier with their "lot"
maybe reading this will make someone feel less alone coping with their problems
but most of all
maybe reading this will make YOU realise how precious every moment is that is spent with those we love

2 visitors have commented:

Anonymous said...

Ruth my sweetheart, you must go on with this blog, you mustnt stop talking to me or others reading.it's important...when you put words on your pain, you clarify things...my english isn't really good...but if you explain us, you take this pain, this stress, this anger out of you and you share it with us...I can perfectly imagine how you feel...would be the same ...my hubby has some disability but not too severe...so promise you won't close this blog...you know i'm 60 i know life and its bad sides, so you can tell everything going through your mind...i spent a long time in psychiatric hospital and talking helped me to get out of my depression...so what people gave me once, i can give it to you now...time...and an ear to listen...i've retired so got plenty of time...ok?
try to rest dear...
a kiss to you and your hubby...
love from Claudine/ mousie
claudine.le-gac@laposte.net

Christina S said...

I think it's important that you tell it like it is. I agree with Claudine that talking about it is important to do, if you are able.

Yes, you're going to have to mention bowel movements and vomit, and other grim details and the sadness of watching a loved one suffering because that's what you're having to deal with.

Perhaps what you're writing is of great comfort to someone going through the same, or will be in the future. Just to know that they're not alone in what they're going through.

And it gives people the chance to stand with you and share a little of what you're going through.

BTW I noticed today that the magazine called "Yours" has quite a big section in it for carers and about caring, and thought of you.

Keep blogging,
Hugs,
Ruby.