Thursday, July 19, 2007

REFLECTION

Three of my dearest blogpals Denise , Dot and Libby have given me this award. I'm putting it on this blog because this is the one on which I have shared so much of my precious time with Mick and in part I feel this award belongs to him as much as to me.



These are the stipulations for granting the award:
It is called The Blogger Reflection Award.
Why?

The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect upon bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully.This award should not be given to just anyone.

For two reasons I'm not tagging anyone to pass this award on to.
1. I have specifically stated that I'm not doing any tagging for a while; it would be wrong of me to tag on this one when I have turned down tagging to other Bloggers.
2. There is no way I could make a choice and decide who to give this award to. Each of my blogpals for so many different reasons fit the criteria above; each has played their own part in making an impact on my life.........some with their words of encouragement, some with their sharing of their own lives, some with their help and wisdom............some just by being there and listening.....................
If when you read this a name of one of your own blogpals sprang to your mind please feel free to pass the award to them.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble,
that can gather strength from distress,
and grow brave by reflection”
~Thomas Paine~

17 visitors have commented:

Pat said...

Hi Ruth!

Hope you are keeping well. There will be "up days" and so many "down days". Just holler if you have too many "down days".

I've been scarce lately due to helping with a very ill friend but I try to check my email each night.

Thinking of you daily, my friend.

Audrey said...

A meaningful and well deserved award Ruth Congratulations xxxx Auds

Amazing Gracie said...

Aw, Ruth! I didn't see this or I never would've thrown that your way! I'm really sorry...Don't even worry about it!

Amazing Gracie said...

I don't know if I told you before but my first husband passed when we were just 30; then two years ago, my son (in-law) passed away. I think that is why I feel so connected to you. I told my husband the story about the pump for the fish and how people came through for you. It really touched his heart, too. Your road will be bumpy but the true friends you make will be forever-friends.
~~~Blessings~~~

RUTH said...

Pat; I know how much you are helping your friend, just drop by when you can and please take care of yourself too.
Auds; if I had been tagging you can be sure you would have been there.
Gracie; I'm sorry to hear of the losses you too have had to bear. Thanks for being so understanding about my not doing your tag on Bee's Eye View.
Rx

CG said...

That's a beautiful post and a well-deserved award. Will miss you, Ruth xxx

Andree said...

Hi there! You are deserving of this award.
The guy who told me ages and ages ago that he would find a PC with Explorer on it (nobody I know has a PC or Explorer), finally came through and fixed the code on the template! You are my first confirmation that it worked, so thank you so much.

Mauigirl said...

Ruth, you certainly deserve this award. Congratulations!

Akelamalu said...

A richly deserved award for you Ruth.

I'm just catching up on everyone's news after my holiday.

I'm glad the CAB were able to help you, if only in part.

Suzi-k said...

Hi Ruth, well deserved. Hope the weekend has been OK.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia, Ruth,

I followed your link from Bob the Bear's Diary.

I wish you strength, I wish you many more awards, and I wish you'd keep writing those blogposts.

Keep smiling

David

Betty said...

Ruth,
When I was given the Blogger Reflection Award, you were one of my first to be considered, however, after reading previously that you wouldn't be participating in meme's etc. due to limited computer time, I decided to spare you. So please know I wanted to. You do inspire me by the way you handled what life handed you, making the best of it, and being so brave.....I do admire you.....

Thank you for being such an inspiration.....Betty

Peaceful/Paisible said...

if somebody deserves that award it's you dear...you give so much...wish I could give you back as much...
love from Mousie

Gill said...

Ruth
It is hard to choose bloggers. I think if we visit each other than we value each other, right?
You indeed are one who can inspire reflection, because you blog from your heart and soul, and that is why I visit you. You are well deserving of the award, and congratulations.
xo
Blue

Andree said...

Good morning! Congratulations on your awards. I know how you feel. They single out one and you can't do that. I think you made a good choice. I hope the weather is good there; but I wonder, because I keep hearing how Europe is having awful weather and England is flooding. Hope all is well!

Gledwood said...

I love that Thomas Paine quote!

Gretchen said...

Congrats on the award! It says a lot about you to have received it.

I followed a link to find your blog and will be back often.