Friday, June 22, 2007

THE DRINKS ARE ON ME!

help yourself
Yippee!!!....I checked my bank account this morning and the Bereavement Allowance has gone in...after taking off the Carers Allowanace I received for 8 weeks the total amounted to £261.00. Admittedly there's not much of that left now after paying for that very expensive bottle of wine you're all drinking (LOL); doing some of this......
FOOD! tastes better than fresh air
and paying the "must have" bills that had mounted up...water, electric, gas and phone. It was getting pretty touch and go whether or not I'd still be in blogland next week.....no phone = no internet!!! As I'll definitely be having no social life I really want to try and stay online so I'm classing the phone line as a necessity to keep me sane. I don't actually use the phone much for calls...the majority of actual calls have been to all the government agencies with all the hours of "hanging on". I also have a mobile phone; this was a necessity when Mick was alive but it's something that will have to go.....unfortunately I'm stuck in a contract until August but after that I'll go PAY AS YOU GO.
Now that I know exactly where I stand and know that (hopefully) the £58 will be coming in every week I can make an appointment at the C.A.B. and work out some sort of offer to make to the credit card companies. I think I need a crystal ball to see what will happen there.........

anyone see a big lottery win?

35 visitors have commented:

Akelamalu said...

Whahey I'll join you in a glass to celebrate Ruth. Can I say just one thing....

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!

cheers honey! x

Anonymous said...

Cheers!

Glad things are finally getting sorted on the financial front.

talj said...

Well, I'm with Akelamalu...about bloody time!!

Mines a thimble full if your pouring! ;o)

{{{HUGS}}} xx

Audrey said...

At last Ruth I raise my glass along with you, its been too long a wait and Im full of admiration for the way you have handled it all

CheersxxxxAuds

Leanne said...

hi mum, at last!! im so glad that on the money front, things are starting to look brighter for you. you've been so brave and its been so hard for you this past couple of years. just want to send you big hugs from all of us. xxxx

Sheila said...

Since Talj only wants a drop I'll have her share..lol
Congratulations Ruth...finally.
Now you can start thinking ahead a little..
Have a great weekend..
hugs
Sheila
xx

mrsnesbitt said...

As my mum herself would have said..."About Bloody Time!" I love those words.......so northern & earthy...just like me! LOL!

Pat said...

I agree with the rest, Ruth. It's about time.

Constantly thinking of you during this difficult time.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Anonymous said...

That is such good news - hopefully things will start 'falling into place'.


xx

Auntie Noo said...

I'm glad that things are moving forward at last!!!! - Wish I was closer to you, Budgets are "my thing", having spent years working cashflow for a company... (is it sad that it's something I@m good at????!!!) Already tucking into a bottle of rose here, so I'll dedicate that to you x

RUTH said...

Cheers all...hic...who keeps filling my glass!

CG said...

Really great news Ruth...hope I'm not too late for a drink!!!

RUTH said...

Plenty left for a nightcap Julie.
Rx

Suzi-k said...

yeee haaah! money worries are such a pain! glad the light at the end of your tunnel is no longer the bank manager's torch as he hunts you down!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for sharing. Must be on bottle two or three by now! Looks like quite a fun day with the students too. I've been checking in but still catching up from the trip, etc. so not always getting in comments in before fading out for the night. Thanks for traveling over to visit PG!

RUTH said...

suzi-k....LOL...
pg...any sign of petunia yet?

Akelamalu said...

Great Party Ruth! Is there any left, I need a 'hair of the dog'? ;)

A wildlife gardener said...

I am so pleased for you, dear Ruth! You deserve it all! I raise a glass of love and laughter and lots of good health to you in the days ahead.

RUTH said...

wildlife gardener; the same toast to you too.
Akela; did you know how that phrase originated. The Romans believed that like cures like. They would bind the hairs of a dog that had bitten someone to the wound (even if the dog had rabies!). The treatment was even recommended in old medical books the only change being that the burnt hair of the dog that bit you was prescribed. As time past it was also believed that the best cure for a hangover was a drink of the same poison that made you drunk the night before and hence the phrase came into use for this too.

RUTH said...

Did a Babel on Rodrigos comment....
Oi, I found yours blog for google táwell interesting I liked this post. When to give dápassed for mine blog, é on personalized t-shirts, show step by step as to create a well personalized t-shirt way. Até more.

Gledwood said...

ooer ... do you get yours over broadband? I'm only asking because I thought you couldn't watch youtube without broadband ... or am I wrong? I use caffes at the mo so I wouldn't know any better I'm afraid ...

Gledwood said...

congratus on the £££ tho

wowoo!

RUTH said...

Yes Gleds I'm on broadband but I need the phone line to get it with BT and also so I can go wireless....at least that's what they told me!

Gill said...

Good one! It is finally here. You waited long enough. It feels good to pare down expenses and only pay for necessities though, it puts a little extra in your pocket.
Cheers to you Ruth! You handled this well in my eyes. Better than most would have under similar circumstances. Your attitude towards things in life is fantastic.
xo

RUTH said...

Thanks Blue; got to save a few pennies hust in case I ever get a chance to visit that lovely shop on your post!

Amazing Gracie said...

Ruth, I'm so happy for you!!! These things seem to drag on forever sometimes.
~~~On a positive note, you have received an award at my blog! Please come see...
~~~Blessings~~~
Gracie

masgblog said...

I hope this comment doesn't get lost amid the other 27.

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the {HUG}....that was nice.

We are still dealing with the whole mess. Not really real yet. Our remainig cat is now a solitary frline...he has never had the spotlight all to himself....he seems to be relishing in it.

Akelamalu said...

I didn't know that Ruth, but I do now, thanks! :)

Elsie said...

I am so glad to hear that you can start breathing a little easier now.

I agree, the phone line is a "must have"!!

Lcxxx

Peaceful/Paisible said...

thet wine was so nice, thanks dear...now let's eat the cheese and crackers i got...
love from Mousie

crpitt said...

About bloody time!

Mauigirl said...

Great news, glad you're finally getting the money you are owed!

Anonymous said...

ndgb1H The best blog you have!

Anonymous said...

nJdXMZ Thanks to author.

Anonymous said...

Magnific!