Saturday, June 02, 2007

FROM WORSE TO BETTER

Yesterday was a difficult day; I got up ready to battle the world...well some more boxes and a cupboard actually...all went well until I found Mick's old paint stained working jacket...tears, memories.....head battled heart...heart battled head......four times it went into the the "throw away" pile...I mean what good is it to anyone?...even a charity shop wouldn't want it the state that it's in....but I want it......it's back in the cupboard now .....I can use it myself when I'm working in the garden in the winter.............
The problem with episodes like this when I get so upset is that I can't shake it off...it stays with me all day..................just the slightest thing can start me off and I'm in floods of tears......
Once again though fate/serendipity stepped in. As you must know by now I'm an avid gardener......last year (not knowing what this year would bring) instead of having to worry about planting begonia seeds and having the trouble of caring for them I'd ordered some ready grown plants for delivery in May. Thursday I'd phoned the company because I'd still not received them...I was told they would be here next week......so what happens...I'm down, depressed and there's a knock on the door....the begonia plants had arrived!!!....TODAY not next week! So sun shining and heart uplifted I had a fabulous garden day....pausing only to sunbathe, take photos and read...in the garden of course!
So often this has happened...I've been at my lowest and something comes along to cheer me up...I always murmur my thanks to Mick....I really feel he's trying to get me through.............and as the sunset last night I ended the day with a happier heart..............

6 visitors have commented:

Audrey said...

I believe wholeheartedly that Mick will always find a way of reaching you and even more so when you face moments like these..Im so happy you decided to keep Micks jacket.

Now to see those begonia plants grow....[[[HUGS]]]]

Thinking of you xxxxAuds

Akelamalu said...

You keep that jacket Ruth!

There'll come a time when you have more up than down days, until then take them as they come. I hope the sun always comes out for you. ((hugs))

Sheila said...

I'm glad you kept that jacket. You will be glad you did. I think Mick's keeping an eye on you, glad your day ended on a happier note..xx

Libbys Blog said...

It is a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but it smooths out eventually. {{hugs}}

Auntie Noo said...

I too believe that Mick will always find ways of "letting you know" You'll be glad of those overalls when you have a mucky job! (sorry was it overalls or a jacket, your post has disappeared behind this page now!)

CG said...

I'm glad you kept the jacket too and that the plants arrived just at the right moment!!!