Saturday, June 09, 2007

PRIDE AND SADNESS

I shed a few tears today....not because of anything I'd received in the post or any stress I was under....in fact it's been a wonderful day. The tears I shed were tears of pride tinged with tears of sadness. We had a lovely (LONG) walk to see the ramp that Nicole had helped build to make part of the Sudbury meadows more accessible to wheelchairs. The tears of pride were for Nicole...if you've read my Me, My Life, My Garden post "Shouting From The Ramp-Parts" you'll know why...............the tears of sadness were for Mick...how I wish he could have seen it....I just know how "chuffed" he would have been that little Nicole has grown up to be such a caring and thoughtful young woman.

I'm doing a post on M.M.L.M.G. about today when we went to see the ramp.....if you get a chance please come over and read it.

8 visitors have commented:

Akelamalu said...

Ruth, I'm sure Mick can see it. x

CG said...

Me too...please tell that lovely girl "well done" from me xxx

Audrey said...

Ruth, my heart is swelling too, what a wonderful young woman Nichole is...{{{{Huge Hug}}} and Im sure Mick was with her in every step she took to enable this ramp to be built..A beautiful walk, lovely pictures and commentary,so refreshing..thanks for sharing your dayxxx

Shaz said...

Mick would be proud of that young lady. Did she enjoy doing it? I suspect she did x x

Akelamalu said...

Ruth, I have awarded you The Thinking Blogger Award today, please check out my blog for details. x

Pat said...

What a lovely photo too, Ruth. I know about those tears. And six years after Jack has died, I still have so many. Things like seeing our eldest grandchild turn 19 or seeing a grandson now in XL T-shirts and he was so small when Jack last saw him, or seeing me use my new camera in a hobby he loved so dearly (he was a police photographer many years ago) and just so many little things bring the tears flowing.

So, I do understand.


My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

Bravo to Nichole and this wonderful job she's done. Mick would be so proud of her.

Mauigirl said...

Congratulations to Nicole, what a wonderful thing she did. I'm sure Mick is indeed proud.

And what a cute picture of Mick and Nicole when she was little!

Suzi-k said...

go Nicole! you must be SO proud! It shows how the hard things in life (like watching Mick suffer) can give birth to such positive outcomes (like giving compassion and strength of character to a lovely young woman!)