Tuesday, June 19, 2007

SCHOOL DAYS

I'm going out today and really feeling nervous. I'm a shy person at the best of times and my experiences of the last few weeks ...in the CAB and Doctor's waiting rooms ....when I've felt sheer terror coming on when surrounded by strangers have made matters worse. The silly thing is that most of the "strangers" today will be children! Manda's class are going for a historical walking tour of Sudbury....
Market Hill circa 1948
Manda told me about this and I thought it sounded really interesting; especially as part of the journey would be near the Meadows and the Croft...a bit of nature thrown in! The school has had terrible difficulties finding parent-helpers for the trip so Manda wondered if I'd like to go along with them. Part of me longed to but the thought of being with all those teachers and children who I didn't know filled me with dread. What if I can't handle it or start getting upset?....I really wouldn't want to let Manda down. I've said "YES" though...for one thing we'll be out in the open air so that "walls closing in" feeling shouldn't occur....plus at least the majority of strangers will be children ..... I'm sure their inquisitive good humour will make me smile.

So my packed lunch is ready and I've got my fingers crossed for good weather......

WISH ME LUCK!

5 visitors have commented:

Audrey said...

Have a wonderful day Ruth, Im sure you will..P.S What have you got in your lunch box???

Hope the sunshines for you allxxx

Auntie Noo said...

Good luck Ruth - I think if anyone can keep you smiling, then it will be children! Enjoy it!

Akelamalu said...

I've been on school trips and they're great fun. You won't have time to think about yourself Ruth you'll have to have eyes in the back of your head watching the kids! Have a great day, you'll be fine. x

Sheila said...

Those kids will have you on your toes, you won't have time to think about anything else ! Plus you may learn something you didn't know..
we have a town near us called Sudbury, and I'm sure it is named for yours..
hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Ruth! Though I think you will be fine. I've been on school trips so I know you will be busy. And the teachers will be grateful to have you so they will be nice.

Will look forward to hearing all about it later!