Wednesday, June 13, 2007

HAIR I AM AGAIN

It doesn't take much at the moment to get me down....the events of this morning...something so minor in the light of recent events...sent me to the depths of despair. I've never been a vain person...never had the looks to warrant it!....but each time I walked past a mirror today I felt desolate. I've been forcing myself to leave the house these past few months....feeling physically sick as I cross the threshold.....my rational head has made me do it...taking long walks...visiting Leanne...going to town...taking small steps...a day at a time...I cannot afford to become a recluse....but the outside world doesn't hold the same joy without Mick. I knew that this petty thing of hating my hair colour would give me further excuse to stay at home....I knew it wouldn't be right....hence the trip to the hairdresser.

Life is so strange...if I hadn't coloured my hair and felt the anguish afterwards....I would never in a lifetime have spent money on something so frivolous as a new hair-do......and now?............money well spent that has saved my soul to fight for another day. The hair Stylist (that's what they are called now) spent 15 minutes just talking to me...almost in counsellor mode. I had two choices...strip the colour off completely or have some highlights put in which would soften the existing colour. I opted for the highlights....the first option would mean spending money just to return to how I looked yesterday.
WOW what I difference now...I honestly feel and look ten years younger.....OK I still look older than I am...but that's life ........

If you're hoping for pictures........I enjoy taking photos but hate being on the receiving end....so no show I'm afraid.............. instead I'll leave you with a photo of a natural beauty..

11 visitors have commented:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I have had so many bad hair days - so pleased the hairdresser sorted yours out resulting in a new you.

When I had mine cut a week ago - the reverse - she cut it beatifully the first time - and was rather blase this time - so it has a short layer one side and not the other - I particularly told her that I didn't want layers

Ah well - it will grow again

talj said...

So glad you got everything sorted out {{{HUGS}}} xx

Audrey said...

Wow!!you sound really pleased with the results,now spoil yourself and next time you catch yourself in the mirror, tell that wonderful woman reflected there that she looks fabulous..PROMISE!!!!

Amazing language hairdressers use these days, mine once gave me what he called a constructed hair cut that took hours and left me with about an inch of hair all over..not much left to construct at the end of the day, funnily I had it done on the same day Rita had her accident, had just finished complaining about it to her, needless to say the concern about the hair went out the window..lol

Oh and P.S. as the loreal advert says YOUR WORTH IT XXX Auds

Auntie Noo said...

Glad there was a rainbow at the end of the day! - It's horrible when you look in the mirror and just hate what you see..... now you sound genuinely happy with your new look. Good for you!!!!

Jenny said...

What a funny coincidence - yesterday I had a sudden intense desire to color my hair AUBURN - I imagined flowing shiny auburn locks. I am going grey in a not too dramatic way, and haven't wanted to cover it before. I went to the drugstore today and stood in front of a solid wall of choices - Revlon and Loreal and Clairol and the rest - quite overwhelming. I've seen so many women with garish looking bad hair color - I've always sworn I won't do that to myself! And yet, the box is on the counter, waiting for me to slather it on - what to do! I guess I can always call the lovely Maria at the local salon if I get into trouble!

Gill said...

Phew! That is such a relief Ruth.
You do sound down too though...only part of readjusting I guess. It will never be okay for you, never be the same...but you have to take what Mick left you, a heart full of love, and keep walking forward.
Is that what he would want you to do?
xo

Akelamalu said...

Money well spent to make you feel that good!! So glad it worked out, but we want pictures! ;)

CG said...

Am glad it turned out ok. I have given up colouring my hair myself as I had too many disasters but it always gives me a lift to go to the hairdressers :) xxx

mrsnesbitt said...

Isnt life strange
A turn of the page
Can read like before
Can we ask for more?
Each day passes by
How hard man will try?
The sea will not wait
You know it makes me want to cry, cry, cry -

Wished I could be in your heart
To be one with your love
Wished I could be in your eyes
Looking back there you were, and here we are.

Isnt love strange
A word we arrange
With no thought or care
Maker of despair
Each breath that we breathe
With love we must weave
To make us as one
You know it makes me want to cry, cry, cry -

Wished I could be in your heart
To be one with your love
Wished I could be in your eyes
Looking back there you were, and here we are.

Isnt life strange
A turn of the page
A book without light
Unless with love we write;
To throw it away
To lose just a day
The quicksand of time
You know it makes me want to cry, cry, cry -

Wished I could be in your heart
To be one with your love
Wished I could be in your eyes
Looking back there you were:

Nobody could say it better!
(((((HUGS)))))

Mauigirl said...

There is nothing like a new haircut or color to cheer one up! I need a haircut myself and as a result am sitting here feeling dumpy and middle-aged. I let mine go grey (salt-and-pepper, really) in the past year, and I like it except when it gets too long, then I feel frowsy. I am happy you took the step and feel good about your new "do"!

Mrs. Nesbitt, love the lyrics from the Moody Blues. Reading them instead of hearing them puts a whole new meaning on them for me. Very relevant, aren't they?

Gledwood said...

I was just on the lookout for a "what happened with the hair" post ... if you hadn't have said I would have asked

ooer how typical why am I always about to be timed out.

bc it's a ****ty sunday thats why!

Ruth I'm v glad the hair has worked out.

As they say Feeling Like a Million Dollars... money cannot buy that feeling.

Glad its all gone well 4u

all the best

love

Gxx