Wednesday, June 13, 2007

BAD HAIR DAY

HEEEEELP!

I did a silly thing thing this morning; I coloured my hair. Over the last few weeks it's really been preying on my mind that I've got to compete with the "youngsters" for a job and how much I've aged over the last couple of years. So yesterday I had a "mad moment" when I was with Leanne and bought myself a hair colour...........a colour that was the same as my natural colour...before the grey set in. It only cost a few pounds and I reckoned it would be money well spent.This morning filled with hope of a "new me" emerging I did the dreadful deed.
BIG MISTAKE
What may have looked good on me when I was under 40 looks ridiculous now I'm 55! The hair colour is a wash out one...well I've washed my hair 10 times now and it still looks as bad. I now look like something out of a horror movie! I bawled my eyes out and wouldn't even answer the door to the postman!..so he left a parcel in the garage. What was in the parcel......some Solar Lights that I'd ordered months ago and were out of stock until August! My first thought at them turning up today was....this is Mick trying to cheer me up....so often something unexpectedly "nice" has happened when I've been feeling low. The more I thought about it the more I feel perhaps this is Mick telling me my hair should be LIGHTer...............so I've phoned a local hairdresser, explained the situation and have an appointment this afternoon to see if they can do any remedial work; it's going to cost me money I can ill afford (still no Bereavement Allowance news).....and for once I'm praying for rain so that I have an excuse to wear a hood for the walk down there..............wish me luck!
Memo to self......there's a lot of truth in the saying...look before you leap!

6 visitors have commented:

Sheila said...

Been there, done that...!
Just remember it is only hair, it will grow,...and you can chalk it up to experience..!
hugs
xx

CG said...

Done that too...I went ORANGE once :( Head and Shoulders does a good job of stripping out colour. Hope hairdressers helps!!!

Gledwood said...

O man what can I say...?
Definitely go to a colourist for help do not overdye! Seriously. Did you read women on the Verge's hair post ... v similar only a PROFESSIONAL got her into that shtick....
Hats are definitely in this season, Ruth. I'm praying you won't feel the need for one for long. SURELY this can be sorted out. I would definitley go to a pro tho, they know what colours mix/match with what a/c to what you want to achieve

Hope this has been of SOME help ...

Akelamalu said...

I'm sure the hairdresser will sort it out for you and you'll come home feeling a million dollars. Just hope it doesn't cost that much eh?

Betty said...

Oh, we've all been there and done that....one way to strip color is to apply a hot oil treatment, wrap your hair in plastic wrap and apply hot,wet towels. I had to do it several times, but it did strip the unwanted color....

Hope your problems getting your pension worked out are soon sorted out.....Betty

Anonymous said...

I've had a few hair coloring disasters myself. Now I have someone do it and I leave some gray in along with the black, so it looks more natural. Salt and pepper.