Thursday, December 07, 2006

HAD A "VAMPIRE" MOMENT!

I know I haven't been eating properly this last week. I'm cooking a proper meal for Mick but as I have to feed him and at the same time try to support his head, so that food goes down the "right" way, I can't really have a meal myself at the same time. OK I could warm my meal up later, once Mick is settled for the evening, but "warmed up" food I never find very appetising. A roast potato needs to be CRISP on the outside and fluffy on the inside; no microwave reheating can keep that FRESH from the roasting tin texture. Also I've had this cold and not really felt hungry at all. Tonight was an exception though. I have had this craving for RED MEAT all day so tonight after Manda and I had got Mick settled (he ate VERY well tonight) and I thought I may have a couple of hours respite I decided to cook myself ............................hang on...some of you may be vegan or vegetarian so won't want to read this next bit. What I'll do is write the next paragraph in RED so you know you can skip this bit and rejoin me when the writing turns BLACK......................OK I'm in RED mode now...............I decided to cook myself a big juicy,crisp on the outside and pink on the inside RUMP STEAK. A twist of freshly ground black pepper and and a dusting of garlic salt on each side; into a sizzling frying pan (3 minutes each side); a quick deglaze with a drop of red wine and then resting for 3 minutes. A nice green salad dressed with a quickly made Stilton cheese mayonnaise ....................HEAVEN........I'M IN HEAVEN............................................................................................



and to help wash it down a glass of Casillero del Diablo (cabernet
sauvignon)......................................

well maybe TWO

glasses.......................................................................................
I feel SO much better now.







And my darling Mick didn't stir once whilst I was eating it .......I like to think maybe he knew I needed it.








Maybe just ONE more glass...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 visitors have commented:

Christina S said...

That looks DELICIOUS!!!! You *were* in a carnal mood tonight. Red meat and red wine! I really fancy a steak now. I think I might get some this weekend. I need to get another bottle of wine for tommorow night as well because I've already finished the weekly bottle, LOL!

Icarus said...

Well, i plunged into the red bit,then enlarged the photo. It was so big & up front that I felt it was MY plate. As if! I wish. it is giving me a very belated midnight appetite (not feeling well most of today). Now for your wine, which I will discreetly decline: in case you don't know, I'm going to translate the Spanish for you - and you MUST tell Mick this one! It is called The Devil's Pigeonhole! True! Now isn't that romantic? Cheeeeeeeeers!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ruth........says Audrey drooling....it was the sizzling pepper that did it for me.....and to top it all Stilton cheese....Bliss sheer Bliss

I have an image of you whispering into Micks ear Mile stones translation for the wine LOL... and cant help wonder if there will be an extra smiling twinkle in Micks eyes on hearing it...

Love to you both

Audrey

Peaceful/Paisible said...

sounds yummy...you deserved it...
a little present for you, I found this site:
http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/2529/4candles.swf

thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for being such a nice wife and friend...kisses to both of you...
With love from mousie