Saturday, December 02, 2006

TOLD IN MY DOSE!



Woke up this morning with a stinking cold. Had to come sometime I guess. I've been really lucky the last 18 months and managed to shake off most bugs. Lynn arrived as Mick was having his breakfast and she too has a terrible cold. Worse than mine. The strange thing is that Mick; who I thought was definitely coming down with something, seems a lot better today. He has eaten well with no really bad choking or coughing fits. The penicillin must have kicked in really quickly because it's now over 3 days since his present patch went on but the mucus hasn't started to build up yet.



As Lynn and I were feeling so under the weather we had quite a lazy day. In fact when Mick had his after lunch doze we both fell asleep too!


Lynn and Daddy having bo-bos


Mick really enjoyed the steak and Guiness stew that Lynn bought down with her. As Lynn had been extra busy Steve was the one who had actually cooked it; and it was scrummy! Even with my cold I managed seconds! Poor Lynn couldn't taste it all; such a shame. Nicole and Manda came round in the evening and as there was plenty of stew and veg left Nicole happily tucked into a plateful herself.


Nicole enjoying the stew



We have spent a pleasant evening alternating between X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing; Lynn and I getting through plenty of tissues and Beechams and Mick peacefully dozing.

3 visitors have commented:

Mauigirl said...

Hi Ruth,
Glad Mick didn't get a bad cold as you and Lynn did. I hope you all feel better very soon!

I see your blog has changed since I checked it last - annoying that it's not letting you put up your photos! I have problems sometimes with the original Blogger site myself so I haven't dared do the Beta version yet!

Feel better soon!

RUTH said...

Managed to put the photos on now. So for the moment blogger gremlin on it's best behaviour!
Rx

Christina S said...

Blogger's been really playing up recently - I couldn't upload pics either, till yesterday.

Lol Ruth, reading your blog always makes me hungry. Nicole looks like she's enjoying that stew!

Lovely peaceful photo of Lynn and Dad having a nap!