Thursday, January 04, 2007

AN EARLY MORNING QUICKIE

Just to let you know Mick and I have had some sleep! Mick didn't manage to eat any dinner last night because of the coughing. The more I listened to his cough the more I realised that although it was making him sneeze it was not quite the mucus build up cough of pre patch days. It seemed more of a tickly cough....you know what I mean...the type when you feel like you've swallowed your feather pillow and the feathers are tickling your throat. I decided that as the patches are supposed to make your throat "dry up" anyway that perhaps it would be worth removing it as some natural liquid in Mick's throat may stop it tickling so much. So I did this and also gave Mick a dose of Beechams All In One and gradually the cough lessened a little. I managed to get some orange squash down him and also almost a whole banana. By about 11pm last night the cough was quite intermittent and from 1am this morning it stopped completely; thus we slept............I didn't wake up until gone 7am myself. I thought I'd pop this post on as I know so may of you have been concerned........many thanks for all your wonderful messages. Mick is still asleep at the moment so I don't know how he is this morning yet; he may wake up coughing; I may have to put the patch back on; it may be a good day; it may be a bad day; time will tell. For now I am just happy that yesterday is behind us and that we have a new day to face.

A NEW DAY DAWNS

3 visitors have commented:

Audrey said...

A beautiful sunrise Ruth........and sooooooooo pleased to read that both you and Mick had a peaceful night........You seem to instinctively know just what needs to be done to make things more comfortable for Mick,something nurses training cant always teach,more the result of knowing and loving each other at a deep level for so long........

Hope todays a good one for you both x x

Analía said...

I'm glad to read both of you have some sleep and thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are going. Love Ani

Analía said...

Oh I forgot to say something about the sunrise!!! BEAUTIFUL!!