Sunday, January 07, 2007

SATURDAY....NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING

Yesterday in depth:

Yesterday morning I got up at about 6am (Mick was still fast asleep) and waited for Lynn to arrive (she leaves home at 5am to "beat" the traffic). It was still dark outside and I sat in the kitchen with just the small "under counter" light on. About twenty to seven I heard a car pull into the road and looking out of the hall window saw that Lynn had arrived and was parking up outside the garage. I quickly went back into the kitchen and put the kettle on ready to make her a cuppa and waited for her to come in. About 5 minutes passed and she had still not come through the front door. I looked out of the window again; maybe I was mistaken and it wasn't Lynn's car......no it was definitely hers!......maybe she was phoning Steve before she came in to let him know she had arrived safely........I went back into the kitchen and started the tea brewing. ANOTHER 5 minutes passed....still no entrance from Lynn!!!! I started to worry a little....perhaps she was so tired she had fallen asleep at the wheel once she'd parked? I popped my dressing gown on, stepped outside and walked over to the car. Lynn was sitting there in the driver's seat; seeing me she opened the door. " I was getting worried " I said "when you didn't come in!"...........it seems that as I only had such a small light on in the kitchen it didn't show from outside the house and she had thought I was still asleep and hadn't wanted to wake me by coming inside! She had even phoned Steve in hushed tones to say that she'd arrived but was sitting outside waiting until I woke up!!! The whole episode meant we started the day with a good laugh...especially about the fact that despite being INSIDE her car, outside our garage some 20 metres away from the house......she still WHISPERED when she phoned Steve so as not to wake me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even funnier...Steve had whispered BACK to her!!!!!!
The day continued in "happy, smiling" mode and as well as Lynn coming to stay, Leanne popped over for a few hours and it gave us a chance to catch up with all the Christmas, Birthday and New Year chat. As Leanne had left Phil, Kirsty and Mel at home...no way after a full TWO days back at school were they going to leave their beds!!!!....she could only stay a few hours but we had a nice lunch, a couple of drinks and a good natter. The weather had been particularly dismal; the sky didn't brighten all day and by early evening Lynn and I went into "pyjama party" mode.
Lynn caught unawares in her pyjamas
Mick, Lynn and I tucked heartily into Lynn's Beef and Guinness Stew.....it was (as usual) absolutely fantastic...heaven on the taste buds. We served it with a creamy mash and sweetheart cabbage. It certainly did the trick for Mick...a very impressive addition to the "Log of Logs" this morning!!!!!
You will not believe the trouble I've had since Lynn left a little while ago trying to get a photo of my new hair colour. I've had both my mobile phone and digital camera behind my head, to the side of my head, over my head.....trying to get the light right so that I could find a print that honestly showed that new honey colour. This is the best one of a VERY bad bunch.
A cropped photo from a few weeks ago


Hair colour now

Well I'm off to do a quick Google hunt now; I had a REALLY weird dream last night; although I don't remember feeling frightened in my dream I woke up in a state of sheer fright, crying, heart thumping........it was VERY strange. It's said that dreams have meanings and as it was SO unusual I'm going to see if there are any "the meaning of dreams" sites I can have a look at. If I don't have any success I may "blog" it and see if any of you have any ideas!

6 visitors have commented:

Elsie said...

Hi Ruth

what a lovely colour. And with all the struggles, the photo is also very good.

My colour session turned into a nightmare. I am such a "blackhaired" woman now!! It was suppose to be this lovely shiny chestnut colour- which it is outside in the fierce South African sun - fierce being the main word here

And the fashion magazines always tell us not to go dark at our age.

Hope you found an answer to that bad dream.

Stay well, take care and say hi to Mike

Elsie xxx

Anonymous said...

Found the meaning of a few key words; may blog it and see if anyone else has any ideas.
I remember having chestnut coloured hair; a long, long time ago.
Take care in that sun
Ruth
x

Anonymous said...

Found the meaning of a few key words; may blog it and see if anyone else has any ideas.
I remember having chestnut coloured hair; a long, long time ago.
Take care in that sun
Ruth
x

RUTH said...

Sweet Mousie couldn't get in to comment; I had to comment as ANON and then it went on TWICE! Is Blogger having another one of its funny turns?

AnalĂ­a said...

I love the colour!!! And I loved to know you had an excelent day with Lynn. About the dream...could you find the meaning? We associate dreams with numbers and then we play lotto :) I've never been lucky but you know hope is the last we lose LOL
Ani xoxo

Audrey said...

Beautiful colour Ruth........good luck with the dream meaning..I have a couple of books on the subject but often dont remember mine or cant find anything relevant...some are just too weird...........especially the nicotine patch ones.........WEIRD!!!!