Monday, February 05, 2007

TEARS FOR FEARS

I had a cry today....(no don't worry...no major problems with Mick).......it's just not something I do much. You might think that strange considering my circumstances....especially as I'm the type of person who normally would only have to see the last two minutes of a sloppy film and would burst into tears! It's not that I've suddenly become a HARD person; I'm still as soft as cotton wool inside.......no it's just that if I cry it weakens me .........a cry at the moment stays with me all day....like when you have a bad nightmare and you can't shake off that feeling until the next night has passed. But today I cried................I had a message in my guest book......it was marked PRIVATE so you won't be able to read it if you're about to scurry down the side bar to see what it said. Suffice it to say that it was from a lovely lady who had lost her husband a few years ago. She directed me to a post in her own blog....one she had done in memory of her husband. It didn't say a lot....there were a few photos of her and her husband and a lovely couple they looked..........there was also a poem.........a poem that reached out and touched my soul.....I think she must have written it herself....the words were truly those of one who had dealt with what I and Mick are going through at the moment.....it was a simple poem, no long words or hidden meanings....it said so much in just a few verses. I know it's frustrating for you reading this but I'm not going to print it. When the inevitable happens then I'll ask her if she minds if I put it on my blog................but now is not the time......not yet......please not soon! I really sobbed as the emotions welled up inside me..........I so wanted to give her a hug so that we could cry together. I've "pulled myself together now"...........in it's own way the cry did me good....there's only so long that a person can hold on to all that pent up emotion. It has to come out sometimes. But now, as my dear blogfriend Icarus once put it (many comment boxes ago and in another guise), ONWARDS AND UPWARDS....it's a new day......a new day to taste, relish and savour.


After all that I thinks it's time we had a laugh. I saw this on Jenn & Cazz's blog a little while ago and as with all their jokes it really made me smile. I hope it makes you smile too.
HEAVEN
Father Murphy walks into a pub in Donegal, and says to the first man he meets, "
Do you want to go to heaven?
"The man said, "I do, Father."The priest said, "Then stand over there against the wall.
"Then the priest asked the second man, "Do you want to go to heaven?""Certainly, Father," was the man's reply."Then stand over there against the wall," said the priest.
Then Father Murphy walked up to O'Toole and said, "Do you want to go to heaven?"O'Toole said, "No, I don't Father.
"The priest said, "I don't believe this.
You mean to tell me that when you die you don't want to go to heaven?"O'Toole said, "Oh, when I die, yes.
I thought you were getting a group together to go right now."

8 visitors have commented:

talj said...

(((HUGS))) for you today Ruth xx

Audrey said...

((((((Hugs)))))))))) from me too

Love to you and Mick

Sheila said...

Atta girl, get it, out wipe your eyes and move on. You haven't got this far by feeling sorry for yourself. Onwards and upwards for sure. Everyday is a gift, that is why it is called the present. Corny but true.
Hugs to you both..xx

RUTH said...

{{{Hugs}}} back to you all. Sheila I like that....as the song says...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again
Rx

Anonymous said...

Sheila makes a very good point you know... but having said that, crying can be a very therapeutic thing.

RUTH said...

GW;it does help get things out of your system...costs a fortune in kleenex though!!

Suzi-k said...

crying is good, as long as it cleans out the old steam valves, washes out the system and releases the pressure a bit. And the strength given by finding a kindred spirit who touches your heart, sharing a mutual sorrow, then moving on is so good too. Hope it empowered you! Lots of love....

Claire said...

I am glad you connected with someone on this issue Ruth.
I dont want to see that poem for a long while, but i am here before, during and after.

lots of love xxxxxxxxx