Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I SPY WITH MY LITTLE EYE

SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH....S.........


That's right......first thing this morning the sun reminded us that it IS still there.
Admittedly it didn't last very long!...but at least we know it's up there somewhere.

Sorry if I sounded a bit "down" yesterday....DirtyButter (who is going through a similar situation as myself) put it well in a comment to me in her own comment box. It seems we are both suffering from Anticipatory Grief..........I found an article about it and one of the paragraphs that stood out for me was;
"During the two years of my husbands terminal illness, my diary was without a doubt, my strongest coping tool, I wrote in it daily, often in the form of poetry, pouring my anger, my fear and my heartache on to the pages. Periodically, I would read back through it and through this I came to know myself very well - later I could see my strength coming through."
This in a way is what I'm doing with my blog; so if I do start pouring out a few woes don't worry....it's actually doing me good!

As it was yesterday ended on a more positive note. Firstly I managed to get the surgery to accept a prescription renewal over the phone...."as a one off, just this time". Then Manda & I gave Mick his kitchen/shower which always perks him up; during the transfer from bed to wheelchair he managed a brilliant bowel action...... and after a peaceful sleep he managed to eat a fair sized main course and chocolate sponge and rice pudding.......quite quickly too! Later in the evening he also DRANK almost a whole bottle of Complan Strawberry Milkshake!!! Great Stuff!!!




At the moment (9am) he is still fast asleep....hence me typing this and not busy with him at the moment. OK so I could be doing some housework but don't want to disturb him.......that's my excuse anyway....LOL

I must quickly update you on Chris's doctor appointment woes. He went down yesterday for the long awaited appointment and was told by the receptionist that "THEY HAD NO RECORD OF IT".......needless to say he was somewhat displeased!!!..........the receptionist explained that as there were only two of them on the desk "THESE THINGS HAPPEN!"............ She was unable to get him in to see the doctor and has now made him an appointment for....NEXT MONDAY.......this will be a full two weeks after he injured his back. No wonder the A&E departments are snowed under with people who really should be seeing their doctors!
Oh look what I've just seen out of the window........................Gotta go..........................

"Blue skies wating for me, nothing but blue skies do I see"

8 visitors have commented:

House of Virtue said...

I just stumbled on ur blog & I am amazed @ your loving heart, & the patient care you give your SweetHeart. I just knew that such heart only comes from a touch by God....I am deeply touched & encouraged. Now I see the reality of God's Word that says "Be glad about this, even though it may now be necessary for you to be sad for a while because of the many kinds of trials you suffer. Their purpose is to prove that your faith is genuine. Even gold, which can be destroyed, is tested by fire; and so your faith, which is much more precious than gold, must also be tested, so that it may endure. Then you will receive praise and glory and honor on the Day when Jesus Christ is revealed. You love him, although you have not seen him, and you believe in him, although you do not now see him. So you rejoice with a great and glorious joy which words cannot express, because you are receiving the salvation of your souls, which is the purpose of your faith in him. " Peter 1:6-9....Remain Blessed!

talj said...

Dear Ruth, So very pleased to read the day picked up for Mick and that you are smiling too {{{BIG HUGS}}} to you both.

I too wish the doctors surgeries would be more understanding of individual situations, as you know I struggled a few weeks back with the exact same situation as you. I think it's all down to how the receptionist feels right at that moment and in my opinion that is VERY wrong. But, not a lot we can do about them sadly :o( Glad they took the prescription over the phone this time, I hope they are more understanding next time.

Thinking of you both and hoping today brings smiles and happiness in the Jenner household :o) xxx

CG said...

i'm glad your blog is an outlet for you and hope you can use it to unload whenever you need to. You're a really remarkable woman xxxxx

Icarus said...

And........something else beginning with 'S'. C'est moi!

Actually, after a perfect spring day yesterday, today was straight out of the Eurythmix, mostly. But warm.
I also know your loving heart. But it doesn't amaze me. Rather, it makes me humble and grateful and proud and even want to shout it sometimes, not only to know that you are there, but that you are my friend. You can work more miracles than any invisible all-seeing, all knowing, ominpotent entity there is, and who has managed to be the excuse for more hatred, more violence, more negatives than everything else put together on this poor, beautiful planet of ours. But that's only my opinion. Bless you & may the sun pour down its warm goodness on you always.
SXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Elsie said...

This sounds like South Africa where you have to arrive at the outpatients at 6 in the morning to be able to be first in the row for appointments to see a doctor and if you have sat there all day going down the numbers and your appointment is at three and the doctor decides he/she is tired, you have to come back the next day - and the process starts all over again- and then we are supposed to have this wonderful free for all medical scheme........... So much for free medical aid - where has all the good doctors gone to.......

Audrey said...

So good to read your day picked up,you have such a wonderful attitude Ruth, its humbling and your blogs are a gift to us all, a reminder that its how we approach and deal with things our happiness our woes that matter.

That one off is so frustrating, why they cant give this small service to people who need it is beyond my understanding in this day and age, and poor Chris its aghhhhhhhh again unbelievable.

Your like the sunshine itself Ruth, even the clouds cant hide your rays of warmth and light

Much love to you and Mick

Suzi-k said...

YAY! Glad things went so much better today, and isn't it amazing how a glimpse of the sun can change one's mood!
There is a wonderful Afrikaans expression "VASBYT". There is no literal translation in English, it is one of those expressive words that says so much, I guess it is covered by "I wish you strength while you hang in there, and take it a day at a time".
So VASBYT my friend! You are an inspiration to anyone who reads your blog.

RUTH said...

So many different emotions arise in me as I read these comments...to difficult to answer them all so in Suzi-k's words..
VASBYT
Rx