Monday, May 21, 2007

ANTS IN MY PANTS!

A little bit of poetic licence there as it should really be "MOTHS IN MY DRAWERS".......there being no further calls I could make to Benefit Agencies until I get some paperwork through the post I decided to start going through some drawers in the house and sorting them out. They are all suffering badly from the "bunged it in there" problem and were bursting at the joints. The best laid plans eh!.....what happens.....I spot this......

well the drawers were forgotten as out came the camera and Jessie (so named as her brand name is Jessops) the tripod........(this is all your fault Talj...you've got me hooked!)...........and I managed to take some of these.......before the moth flew off...so back I went to the drawer sorting and one black sack of rubbish later I was done.

I then decided that the living room needed a good polish.......that dust layer is creeping back...so armed with dusters and Mr Sheen I cleared all the ornaments and prepared to get to work.......what happens...I see this.........

so the polishing had to stop didn't it or how would I have snapped these....... I've also tried phoning the Citizen's Advice Bureau to make an appointment; I need to seek some professional advice about the money in Mick's bank account (still no answer from the bank), Mick's credit card balances and my own financial situation....unfortunately they are permanently engaged (I guess there are a lot of people with problems) and so I think I'll have to go in person and make an appointment.


While I was sorting the drawers out I found these......

a conker and a few stones....nothing exciting you may think....oh but the memories they brought back to me....mementos of the past...no longer tucked away in drawers but displayed and cherished............................

Finally thank you for all your suggestions re: my PC problem.....I'm working my way through them but no luck so far.

12 visitors have commented:

CG said...

WOW, stunning macros Ruth! You and Jessie make a great team!!

HUGS XXX

Gledwood said...

Yeah those are amazing closeups.

Don't really need to tell you this but I'll say it in sympathy - you do NOT want those horrible moths in your drawers. They eat devastation out of lambswool jumpers. I know that from experience.

BTW the "remedy" I chose was to tip patchouli over a rag and package it+jumper in a carrierbag. The essential oil really dissuades the moth's from coming near. It certainly worked as they never ate the other thing I had that I really didn't want getting nibbled by insect parts ...

Icarus said...

Wow! They are magnificnet. When you decide to do something, you really do it, all the way. It's amazing. And original too. Never seen a wasp's wings so close. and those peepers! Those moths, we are having an epidemic of the same, but they are smaller here. 2 months now. Awful things.
I'm in big work trouble tonight, sdo it's "Sleepless in Vila Franca" for me. Starting now...Glad to see you found Abe's. Isn't it something?
SXXXX

Audrey said...

Wow!!!amazing shots Ruth,Im really enjoying your macros to see insects in such detail...

Now my drawers are sending the clear me out vibes..lol all suffering from the bunged it in there syndrome..
xxx Auds

Anonymous said...

Amazing pictures. Insects look quite alien up close don't you think.

Hope you hae better luck with the CAB and your finances get sorted soon!

Shaz said...

I'm gonna start thinking I'm in Talj'sblog if you keep up these macros . . .lol. Excellent pics x x

Mauigirl said...

Amazing photographs. You do so wonderfully with those closeups!

Petunia's Gardener said...

CG beat me to it. Indeed, what nice work you two can do together. You wouldn't believe how easily my plans change when an interesting critter or flower comes along. Glad you noticed your visitors. Paula

Libbys Blog said...

I think I need lessons from Talj too!! Your photos are amazing I love the one of the 'wing' I think its fabulous!

Akelamalu said...

Fantastic photos but I don't like insecty things!

Good luck with the CAB.

Jenny said...

I'm impressed and horrified by those photos! How did you get them to pose!

Sheila said...

Ruth your photos are fabulous..!
The ones of the moth are fantastic !
I have in my jewelry box, a stone. Not a diamond, or an emerald, but a common or garden grey pebble, it was my late mother's. She picked it up on an English beach many many years ago, and kept it in her bag. When I feel ponderous (is that a word?) in rub it between my fingers and feel an instant connection to her. I guess I'm telling you this to let you know I understood what you meant about the ones you rediscovered today.
Hugs
xx