Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW

Yesterday morning had been so stressful that I decided to go into town; if the weather had been better I would have spent the afternoon gardening but as I'd had a letter from the opticians saying that my new glasses were ready I thought I'd get out and about. It's been a long time since I actually had prescription glasses and I was looking forward to being able to see properly.
So here they are opps...a bit blurry that....I'd better put them on I think..............
that's better......now I'll be able to see all the spelking mishtakes I make........................

I had to smile when I was in town when I saw this.............................

last week our Local Elections took place.......do you know I never received one single canvasser at the door or any canvassing leaflets through the letter box. To be honest I didn't actually vote for the simple reason that I wouldn't have had a clue who I was voting for; I like to have some sort of idea in a local election of a candidate's manifesto. It must be the first time in my life I've never voted........I'm not a "political animal" but I always think that if one doesn't vote then one hasn't really got any right to complain................just my view on things..........

Standing at the bus stop on the way home was really boring.........there was hardly a soul around so no chance of people watching and our local bus service is so unreliable that you daren't wander off thinking you've time to spare as the buses seem to turn up in their own time, not timetable time.

The time passed so slowly that I ended up taking photographs just to wile away the time;

errrr.......SKY

Ummmmmm...................CRACK IN PAVEMENT

ahem.......................DYING GRASS IN PAVEMENT

bet you're glad that bus came before I took anymore of these boring snaps photographic works of art!

7 visitors have commented:

talj said...

So glad you can see through all that fog again now! Does it feel strange to have things in focus?!

You shouldn't knock your photographic works of art! You could try selling them to bus companies as wall art for their boring bus shelters....or somthing like that!!

Hope tomorrow brings a little sunshine for you so you can get back out to the garden and enjoy that sun lounger!

{{{BIG HUGS}}} xx

Petunia's Gardener said...

I agree with Talj. I like the waiting photos. It makes a good theme too. It would make us all notice the stuff going on around us when we think nothing is going on. Hope you have a good Wednesday.

CG said...

Sky photo is pretty good, ruth LOL!

A wildlife gardener said...

I'm glad you still have your sense of humour, Ruth, considering all the burocracy nonsense you've had to encounter recently. Maybe it's the new glasses helping you to put all that rubbish in perspective...

Sheila said...

Actually the last one of the graa in the pavement is very good..!

Libbys Blog said...

Its funny how when you carry a camera around, you look at things totally differently!! Its amazing what you see.........

Mauigirl said...

Ruth, those pictures are amazing - such mundane subjects but the compositions end up being so good! Love the grass in the pavement.