Sunday, May 27, 2007

SUN?..DAY

Lynn has just text...she is safely home now. She has been an absolute angel running me about here and there. She even helped Leanne out by taking her to Tesco's so she could do some shopping.....as the weather has been awful today Leanne was so pleased not to be hobbling home on foot, laden with shopping bags. We listened to Mel (6) who has joined her school choir singing "Any Dream Will Do" and heard how well her reading is coming along. It only seems a short while ago that she learning her alphabet......time flies past.....and #1 grandson Phil has just left school!!!! ...was it really that long ago when this photo was taken........Lynn and I both bought Leanne a tray of plants as she has developed a case of Green Fingers...she has painted her fence panels and dug out a border along one side of her garden. Sadly I forgot to take my third eye (my camera) with me to Colchester so no photos I'm afraid....though the weather today has been awful...torrential rain and any photo would have just looked like this one that I took through the window a moment ago.......After I've eaten this evening I intend to treat myself to a "pamper night"...a candlelit bath, soft music (Lynn bought me a lovely "music and nature sounds" CD), perhaps a hair colour (I'm sure I've one upstairs somewhere); then maybe a manicure and some nail polish.......to bring back the "WOMAN" in me.

9 visitors have commented:

talj said...

Hope you enjoy your pampering evening,you deserve it! {{{HUGS}}} xx

Sheila said...

Sounds like you have devised the ideal way to spend a wet evening at home.
It's raining here too, maybe I'll copy you..!
Enjoy the pampering..!

Audrey said...

Your weekend sounds lovely Ruth, busy day yesterday, interspersed with lots of laughter, and again today despite the rain,we were fortunate in Aberdeen today weather wise.

Time does fly doesnt it when it comes to the little ones..must have been lovely hearing Mel sing it will be a big thing for her.

A little pampering sounds wonderful....ENJOY!!!!

CG said...

Sounds wonderful...enjoy your treat!!

Mauigirl said...

That sounds like an excellent idea, to have a pamper night. You deserve it!

Annie said...

What an absolutely lovely way to spend an evening, pampering oneself and letting the "woman" out.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I love your inside-on-a-rainy-day picture. That just makes me feel cosy.

Akelamalu said...

I hope you enjoyed your pamper night Ruth. :)

Shaz said...

Thats a very proud Mick I see in that picture. Enjoy your pamper session, every girl deserves one now & then x x